For this particular role, Council requires a Parks worker to join the Parks Operations team. This position supports Council's direction by undertaking a range of labouring, maintenance, and plant operation as part of a multi-disciplined team that is respo
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a broad range of tasks including operation of plant, vehicles, equipment and tools in a competent and proficient manner.
- Demonstrated experience in tasks associated with parks and gardens maintenance activities including operation of a front deck mower, brush cutting, tree pruning, herbicide use, landscape construction and irrigation.
- Demonstrated experience in greenkeeping and maintaining sportsfields
- Demonstrated ability to maintain harmony within a team and foster good working relationships with all council employees and members of the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work under general supervision.
- Queensland ‘C’ Class driver’s licence that is current and maintained.
Although not mandatory for this position, the following would be advantageous:
- Queensland Class MR Licence.
- Construction Industry White/Blue card.
About the Benefits
GRC offers all valued staff considerable opportunities for professional development and education assistance, in addition to extending quality of life benefits such as health, fitness & wellbeing programs and employee assistance to their families.